Welcome to FTMA NZ
Our commitment is to deliver the highest standard of framing practice in New Zealand
Representing the majority of the framing industry in New Zealand, we are leading the way to ensure that prefabricated timber wall frames and roof trusses remain the preferred choice for building in New Zealand.
The FTMA has a proactive group of members dedicated to ensuring New Zealand consistently gets the very best quality in finished product.
Why choose a wood frame house
Wood is fast and flexible, the builder’s choice:
- Timber provides flexibility of design and allows modifications and tweaks to layout during the construction process
- Builders are familiar with wood and work efficiently with wood
- Wood is our most sustainable raw material. It results in far less carbon dioxide emissions into the atmosphere than competing building products
Your timber frame house will be snug and sound:
- Wood is a proven thermal insulator
- Wood retains heat from the day and releases it at night
- Wood also acts as a humidity regulator absorbing moisture when humid and desorbing it when the air is dry
Wood is a sustainable, natural attractive product:
- Wood used appropriately will exceed the minimum 50 year service life for materials used for the structure of houses in New Zealand - see building code
- Wood treated with the appropriate level of preservative, and properly maintained, can last in service for 100 years or more
For more reasons why you should choose wood visit:
2012 - 2013 Achievements
Activity undertaken and achievements recorded by the FTMA 2012 -2013
Gold Associate Members
We acknowledge and thank our Gold Associate members for their ongoing support:
Official merger of the WPA and the PMA
Negotiations are complete for the official merger of the WPA - the Wood Processors’ Association and the PMA – the NZ Pine Manufacturers’ Association. The combined boards recently agreed to terms and a new constitution.
The decision was made to use the title WPMA from April 1 2014.
The WPMA will officially exist from 1 July 2014 proceeded by a formal launch of the new organisation.
A full legal merger will be complete by 30 June 2014.
You will find full details here on the merger and confirmation of the WPMA strategy for the future.